Mantra Audio owners of this website is a business partnership (collectively referred to as "Mantra Audio", "the partners", "we" or "us" in this policy).
Maintaining the security of your data and protecting your privacy is extremely important to us whether you shop with us online or call us to purchase products. This policy sets out where and how we collect your personal information and how it will be used, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you according to the requirements of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) and other relevant legislation.
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Martin Nichols, the business partner designated with overall responsibility for the development and implementation of this policy.
When you shop online, you consent to the use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy. More generally the supply of goods and services is governed by our Terms and Conditions to be agreed when an order is placed. Please ensure you have read and understood them in addition to this policy.
Mantra Audio is committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. We are also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you call to place an order, use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
How We Use Your Data
Mantra Audio uses your personal data to:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- to enable Mantra Audio to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Mantra Audio may use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) occasionally to keep you informed about new products, promotions and special offers on existing products that may be of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
1. making use of the simple "unsubscribe" link in emails.
2. contacting Mantra Audio via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Web Banner Advertising
If you visit our websites, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any banner advertisements you see will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our websites on your computer or other devices.
Sharing data with third parties -
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service providers and suppliers. These include delivery, payment service providers and manufacturer/suppliers of goods.
Mantra Audio only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls to ensure they can only use your data to provide services to Mantra Audio and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Mantra Audio use a third party customer feedback service to record and publish product reviews. The service provider we use is Codepath and the review information that appears on the Soapbox pop-up pages (i.e. when you click the 'Read reviews' links) reads data is that is stored centrally from the Codepath server in real time. We may send you an email after placing an order inviting you to review the product(s) purchased but only if you have consented to receive such communication when an order is placed and we appreciate you may choose to ignore and delete such communications.
Mantra Audio use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We will not disclose your personal data to any other third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or pass on our customer data to other organisations or persons for marketing or any other purposes.
We may share your data:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
- if we are sold or change ownership to another organisation to enable them to provide services to you.
How long do we keep your data? -
We will retain your information for a reasonable period in order to fulfil our commitment set out in this policy or as long as the law requires or permits. The minimum period that we have to keep your data is 6 years to account for goods and services supplied required by HMRC.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
Mantra Audio may collect the following information about you so that we can fulfil our commitment to you to process your order or requirement and to protect against fraudulent transactions: -
- your name;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- your correspondence and communications with Mantra Audio;
- purchases and orders made by you; and
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
How We Protect Your Data
Mantra Audio is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure at all times. Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data on SSL servers and back office IT systems;
- use of third party payment service providers that are fully PCI DSS compliant;
- security controls which protect Mantra Audio back office IT systems from external attack and unauthorised access;
- implementing controls required to maintain our own PCI DSS compliance.
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for the partners and authorised employees.
What You Can Do To Help Protect Your Data
We will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Mantra Audio asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond. -
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
Mantra Audio do not operate online accounts, however, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety more generally: -
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights: -
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10) that may be waived at our discretion;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Legal Basis For Using Data
Mantra Audio collects and uses customers' personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests -
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Mantra Audio, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- improving existing products and services and promoting new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing and detecting fraudulent card transactions;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing customer returns and claims for quality defects and fitness for purpose of goods supplied according to the provisions of manufacturer/supplier warranties;
- providing insurance quotations for damaged and stolen goods replacements;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Mantra Audio; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues and business partners.
What are cookies?
Like most websites, cookies are used on the Mantra Audio website to collect information. Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer or other devices (such as smart 'phones or 'tablets') as you browse this website. They are used to 'remember' when your computer or device accesses our websites. Cookies are essential for the effective operation of our website and to help you shop with us online. They are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised elsewhere during browsing activities.
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
- Ecommerce software application providers used by Mantra Audio and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to manage cookies for the most popular browsers are detailed in the guidance at All About Cookies
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
If you have any questions about how Mantra Audio uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: 01757 288652;
- e-mail us at: email@example.com, or
- write to us at: Mantra Audio, Town End House, Skipwith, Selby YO8 5SQ
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at the Information Commissioner's Office
This policy was last updated in January 2019. -
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time, in the event that this becomes necessary after initial release, or in the event that it becomes necessary with respect to additional, deleted, modified or amended services provided by Mantra Audio.
We will not personally notify you of any amendments to this Policy. Users are urged to check this Policy frequently in order to determine whether any changes have been made. Users understand and agree that continued use of the Mantra Audio web site assumes that they have read and accepted this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time.